Farm Fair Queen Contest Information and Rules
Schedule and event changes will be updated as they occur. Please check this website for the most current information.
The 2023 Burlington County Farm Fair Queen Contest will be held in the North Show Tent at 8:30pm on Wednesday, July 19, 2023.
- Must be a resident of Burlington County AND work on a farm/farm market or be a member of a club/organization listed below in Burlington County.
- Must have completed her sophomore, junior or senior year in high school, or equivalent home school level.
- Must live or work on a farm or farm market or be a member of one or more of the following:
- Future Farmers of America
- Girl Scouts
- Preservation of Agriculture in Burlington County club or organization
- Ecology or land preservation club or organization
- Horticulture/ Gardening club or organization
- Home Arts club or organization
- Two photographs for use in publicity before the fair. The photo must be a headshot photo.
- Essay and Application
- Fill out application, print, and mail with photographs to the address listed on the application form.
- All information (printed entry form with essay and two photographs) must be received by July 3, 2023.
- Rehearsal attendance to be determined by Director.
- You will need an escort such as a father, grandfather, brother, friend, etc.
- The winner will be required to:
- Make appearances at the 2023 Burlington County Farm Fair during the Fair: July 18-22, 2023.
- Make appearances during the 2023-2024 year at Farm Fair-related activities and events.
- Be present for the crowning of next year's queen in July 2024.
Contestants will be scored in the following categories, worth ten points each:
- Public Speaking
- Essay (scored by a separate panel of judges)
- Farm Fair Queen $300
- 1st Runner Up $100
- 2nd Runner Up $50*
- Essay Winner $50
*There will be a 2nd Runner Up only if we have more than 4 contestants. If there is no 2nd Runner Up, prize will be split equally among Queen and 1st Runner Up.
Suggestions for Contestants
- Wear an appropriate summer dress, along with suitable jewelry - NO GOWNS
- Makeup may be applied a little heavier than normal, and hair may be best worn in an "up-do", since it can be very hot under the stage lights.
- Wedged heels work best at the fair grounds and on stage.
- Even if you're nervous, try to smile and have fun!
- Remember to stand up straight to show good posture and confidence.
- When answering questions from the Master of Ceremonies, take a second to think about your answer, then answer slowly and clearly. This will be your time to show your public speaking ability, personality and intelligence to the judges.
- Your talents and hobbies are important to showing your overall personality. The question segment is your opportunity for you to shine for the judges while politely bragging about your accomplishments!
Contestants must have a genuine interest in the Burlington County Farm Fair and understand its significance within the county. With this in mind, the following essay question has been crafted:
The Burlington County Farm Fair has been an opportunity for both participants and attendees to celebrate and promote the importance of agriculture in our County and State. The Farm Fair Queen represents the Burlington County Farm Fair and is an ambassador of this tradition. Why is it important to continue to celebrate and promote agriculture through the venue of a County Fair and why should you be selected as the 2023 Farm Fair Queen?
- Farms that exist in the county (both those that are active and preserved)
- Farmers that participate at the Fair
- County 4-H Program that shows and participates at the Fair (4‑H County Office Phone Number 609-265-5052)
- Newspaper articles related to the Fair and its events: Burlington County Times, Courier Post, etc.
- People who have attended the Fair
- Your own experience at the Fair
- Internet resources are acceptable, and should be noted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Queen Contest Chair, Jamie Padulese, by phone at 856-296-1796
, or by email at
Return to Farm Fair Queen section of Events page.