Enjoy the parade of antique tractors every day at 5:00pm on the Fairgrounds.
Take a step back in time and visit these old tractors and a large assortment of other farm machinery. Antique cars and trucks are also on display. The Antique Farm Equipment Show has been growing each year at the Burlington County Farm Fair. Mr. Coles Roberts of Southampton coordinates this exhibit.
Mr. Larry Cauffman of Masonville coordinates the old farm gasoline engine section of the show. The putt-putt-sputter-putt of his machines serves as a calling for old engine buffs and attracts thousands of people to the exhibit. Mr. Cauffman will be shelling field corn throughout the Fair with a two-hole corn sheller, a slow process compared with our modern combines. Spectators may get a souvenir corncob!
Build a Scarecrow Contest
- Scarecrow may be a group, club, family or individual project.
- Scarecrow must be 4 to 6 feet in height.
- Scarecrow must be constructed from recyclable or reused items/materials. Tape, wire, string, etc. can be used for assembling.
- Scarecrow must be freestanding, propped up, or hanging for display during the entire five days of the Farm Fair.
- Scarecrow must have the name(s) of participating individual(s) or group plainly displayed for the judges.
- Entries will be accepted on Monday, July 15, 2019 from 10:00am- 8:00pm.
Judges will consider age of participants, originality, creativity in the use of recyclable items, neatness, eye appeal, and durability. The decision of the judges is final.
Interested participants must fill out this Entry Form, call the Farm Fair office at 609-784-8369 (you may leave a voicemail), or email entry information to firstname.lastname@example.org to register their entry. Bring the completed Entry Form with your scarecrow to the Farm Fair Dining Pavilion on Monday, July 15, 2019 from 10:00am-8:00pm.
Scarecrows should be picked up on Sunday, July 21, 2019 from 8:00am-2:00pm. Any scarecrows not picked up will be discarded for recycling by the Farm Fair.
Winners will be posted on Burlington County Farm Fair website, and prizes will be mailed to winners.
Burlington County Kennel Club
We are going to offer Canine Good Citizen Demo and Training, followed by Testing on Wednesday evening, followed by Trick Dog Demo and Test. Two titles, one night. Thursday will be a Meet the Breeds. Breed representatives from our club will have a small area with information on their breed and the group that it represents. This will be followed by a Parade of Breeds. Friday will be a Rally Obedience Demo followed by Demonstrations of the skills in all levels of AKC Obedience and Presentation of Therapy Dogs and their requirements.
Children's Decorated Wagon Contest
This contest will take place on Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:15pm in the South Show Tent. Registration is at 7:15pm the same day.
Children 10 and under and families may participate by decorating a wagon or stroller. Entries in the individual and group categories will be judged on neatness, originality, and theme.
Entries are encouraged to use this year's Farm Fair theme - "The Family Fun Fair" - or go with your own. Be creative and have fun!
To pre-register or for questions, call Barbara Shinn at 609-410-2608.
Farm Fair Queen Contest
The 2019 Burlington County Farm Fair Queen Contest will be held in the North Show Tent at 9:00pm on Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
- Must be a resident of Burlington County or work on a farm/farm market or be a member of a club/organization listed below in Burlington County.
- Must have completed her sophomore, junior or senior year in high school, or must have completed same home school level requirements.
- Must live or work on a farm or farm market or be a member of one or more of the following::
- Future Farmers of America
- Girl Scouts
- Preservation of Agriculture in Burlington County club or organization
- Ecology or land preservation club or organization
- Horticulture/Gardening club or organization
- Home Arts club or organization
- Essay and Application
- Two photographs for use in publicity before the fair. The photo must be a headshot photo.
- Rehearsal attendance to be determined by Director.
- You will need an escort such as a father, grandfather, brother, friend, etc.
- The winner will be required to:
- Make appearances at the 2019 Burlington County Farm Fair during the Fair: July 16-20, 2019.
- Make appearances during the 2019-2020 year at Farm Fair-related activities and events.
- Be present for the crowning of next year's queen in July 2020.
Contestants will be scored in the following categories, worth ten points each:
- Public Speaking
- Essay (scored by a separate panel of judges)
- Farm Fair Queen $300
- 1st Runner Up $100
- 2nd Runner Up $50*
- Essay Winner $50
*There will be a 2nd Runner Up only if we have more than 4 contestants.
Suggestions for Contestants
- Wear an appropriate summer dress, along with suitable jewelry - NO GOWNS
- Makeup may be applied a little heavier than normal, and hair may be best worn in an "up-do", since it can be very hot under the stage lights.
- Wedged heels work best at the fair grounds and on stage.
- Even if you're nervous, try to smile and have fun!
- Remember to stand up straight to show good posture and confidence.
- When answering questions from the Master of Ceremonies, take a second to think about your answer, then answer slowly and clearly. This will be your time to show your public speaking ability, personality and intelligence to the judges.
- Your talents and hobbies are important to showing your overall personality. The question segment is your opportunity for you to shine for the judges while politely bragging about your accomplishments!
Download Application, and a pdf version of the Contest Qualifications.
If you have any questions, please contact the Queen Contest Chair, Jamie Padulese, at 856-296-1796, or email at
Future Farm Fair Queen
We are looking for girls 5-13 years old to participate in our Future Farm Fair Queen parade!
The parade will take place on Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 8:30pm.
All interested girls please report to the North Show Tent. This is not a competition. All girls 5-13 years old are welcome!
Draft Horse Pull
If you enjoy Tractor Pulls, you'll love watching the horses perform. Come out on Wednesday, July 17, 2019. The weigh-in starts at 3:00pm and the pull starts at 6:00pm. The horses will pull at the same location as the tractors, next to Jacksonville-Jobstown Road, just west of the Farm Fair entrance.
Requirements for Entry:
- All horses must have proof of a negative Coggins test dated within one year.
- Animals originating from outside of New Jersey must be accompanied by a heath certificate (CVI) completed by a veterinarian within 30 days of the event. Burlington County Farm Fair must be listed as the destination on the health certificate.
Ten Places for Each Division:
|Light Weight||Heavy Weight|
|1st - $300||1st - $300|
|2nd - $280||2nd - $280|
|3rd - $260||3rd - $260|
|4th - $240||4th - $240|
|5th - $220||5th - $220|
|6th - $200||6th - $200|
|7th - $180||7th - $180|
|8th - $160||8th - $160|
|9th - $140||9th - $140|
|10th - $120||10th - $120|
Visit the www.horsepullresults.com website for lots of horsepulling information and schedules.
Open Dairy Cow Show
The Open Dairy Cow Show will take place on Saturday, July 20, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Host/Show Chairperson is Trista Bond. Interested participants must fill out this Entry Form
- The Burlington County Open Dairy Show is open to all YOUTHS 24 years of age and under as of January 1st of the current year.
- No requirements to be a member of any organization to participate.
- Overnight herdsmen are available. No one under the age of 15 will be permitted to stay overnight. All minors must be chaperoned by one adult. This can be worked out as a group.
- Animal must be a dairy cow breed and not necessarily purebred. May be grade identified or registered purebred.
- Classes will be separated per breed and age bracket.
- ALL health requirements must be met and in compliance with the New Jersey Division of Animal Health recommendations for New Jersey Fairs, Shows and Sales. All animals must be free from any infectious or contagious disease.
- valid certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) signed by an accredited New Jersey Veterinarian must accompany ALL native New Jersey Animals. The CVI must indicate that all animals of the species to be exhibited on the exhibitor’s premises have been observed by a veterinarian and found to be free of any signs of infectious or contagious diseases. The official New Jersey Certificate of Veterinarian Inspection is valid for 30 days in New Jersey.
- OUT OF STATE Cattle: Cattle originating from other states must be accompanied by an official interstate Certificate of Veterinary Inspection in compliance with New Jersey's import regulations.
- All domestic animals requiring CVI for exhibition must be individually identified by one of the acceptable methods, and it must be listed on the health certificate. If any other identification is present, it must be listed on the health certificate. The CVI will be checked by the veterinarian on call at the Farm Fair prior to unloading.
- All animals which are approved should be current on rabies vaccination, and proof of vaccination by a veterinarian must be provided.
- Each animal must be a member of a tuberculosis and brucellosis free herd.
- It is recommended that all entries be inoculated against BVD, IBR, PI3, and Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Consult your veterinarian.
- In the event that an entry comes down with an illness while on the grounds, the on-premise veterinarian will evaluate the condition of the animal. If the veterinarian determines the animal is unfit to remain, the animal will need to be removed from the grounds.
- Forward entries, including animals name, exhibitor, ear tag or registration number, and birthdate, along with $5.00 entry fee per animal; to name and address stated on the Entry Form. All entries must be paid for in advance and postmarked by July 6, 2019.
Post entries will be accepted at an additional cost of $10.00 per entry if received after July 6, 2019.
Make checks out to: Burlington County Farm Fair (Memo: Open Dairy Show).
Mail entries to: Trista Bond, 28 Dunkard Church Road, Stockton, NJ 08559.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all placings. Trophies and rosettes will be awarded to Junior Champion, Senior Champion, and Grand Champion of all breeds.
- Showmanship is open to all exhibitors. To qualify, the exhibitor must show an animal in a type or confirmation class previously in the day.
- Showmanship classes will be separated according to age. Proof of age may be required; driver's license or copy of a birth certificate may be requested.
- Youth exhibitors will have the opportunity to participate in a daily milking contest at the fair. Prior registration for the event is necessary (sign up form will be added). Please sign up with the Entry Form.
- All exhibitors are welcome to exhibit entries during the entire week of the Burlington County Fair (Tuesday, July 16 through Saturday, July 20, 2019). All entries must be on the grounds by 10:00pm Friday, July 19, 2019. Entries are requested to remain on the grounds until 8:00pm Saturday, July 20, 2019.
- All Exhibitors must submit a separate Entry Form with required payments and signatures.
- All exhibitors assume personal risk and responsibility of any incident or accident which may occur while on the Burlington County Fairgrounds. Exhibitors and showmen must follow the "Code of Conduct" at all times while on the Burlington County Fairgrounds. Code of Conduct: NO ALCOHOL, NO SMOKING in the barns/tents, and APPROPRIATE DRESS at all times. Respect the property of the fairgrounds as well as the property of others.
- Junior Heifer Calf – Born between March 1, 2019 and May 31, 2019
- Intermediate Heifer Calf – Born between December 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019
- Senior Heifer Calf – Born between September 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018
- Summer Junior Yearling – Born between June 1, 2018 and August 31, 2018
- Junior Yearling- Born between March 1, 2018 and May 31, 2018
- Intermediate Senior Yearling- Born between December 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018
- Senior Yearling- Born between September 1, 2017 and November 30, 2017
- Selection of JUNIOR CHAMPION AND RESERVE CHAMPION
- Junior Two Year Old- Born between March 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017
- Senior Two Year Old – Born between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017
- Junior Three Year Old – Born between March 1, 2016 and May 31, 2016
- Senior Three Year Old – Born between September 1, 2015 and February 28, 2016
- Four Year Old – Born between September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015
- Five Year Old and older – Born before September 1, 2014
- Three and Four Year Old Dry
- Five Year Old Dry
- Selection of SENIOR CHAMPION AND RESERVE SENIOR CHAMPION
- Selection of GRAND CHAMPION AND RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION
- Selection of SUPREME CHAMPION
- SHOWMANSHIP CLASSES – All exhibitors must have shown in a previous class. Participants must handle animals without adult assistance. Classes will be separated according to exhibitor's age.
Open Pet Show
The Annual Pet Show is open to all Burlington County residents and will be held in the South Show Tent at 7:30pm on Friday, July 19, 2019.
Registration will begin at 7:15pm. All categories will have junior (ages 1-15) and senior (16 and older) divisions. Bring your pet and possibly win a blue ribbon!
- Dogs: Smallest, Longest Legs, Longest Ears, Best Behaved, Best Trick, Judges' Choice*
- Cats: Heaviest, Fluffiest, Longest Tail, Best Groomed, Judges' Choice*
- Small Mammals: Largest, Smallest, Prettiest, Most Unusual, Judges' Choice*
- Farm Animal Pet: Cutest, Best Personality, Judges' Choice*
- Best Costume: Judges' Choice*
*All Judges' Choice winners will be judged for "Best of Show".
- Owners are responsible for the care of their pet at the show.
- All dogs and farm animals must be on a leash and all other animals must be in a cage.
- All entries must be registered. Registration is held the day of the show before the event.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
The tractor pulls are run by the Central Jersey Tractor Pullers Association. Both large and garden tractors will compete in separate events.
Please visit the CJTPA website for detailed information about tractor pulls during the Farm Fair and at other times of the year.
"A Taste of the Fair" Food Tour
Join On the Town Food Tours LLC for "A Taste of the Fair" each day of the fair from 4:30pm to 5:00pm. Have a seat, relax and be catered to. You’ll sample food from participating vendors, and learn facts and history about the fair, food and region. All tickets must be purchased in advance, and are $25 per person. Once a ticket is purchased, the location at the fair will be provided.
As a ticket holder, you are automatically included in a raffle for two complimentary On the Town Food Tour tickets of your choice (valued at $120) for one of the following tours: Haddonfield, Collingswood, Bordentown, Mount Holly, Hammonton.
For more information about "A Taste of the Fair", and to purchase tickets, visit the On the Town Food Tours website.